Selfies have been and continues to be a big craze. We cannot manage a day on our Facebook news feed, our Instagram, SnapChat or our Twitter without coming at least coming across a few selfies! If you are a fan of the ever-present selfie craze you will appreciate these helpful tips to ensure you capture the perfect selfie.
- Soft, smooth lips are always on point. There’s nothing worse than cracked, worse-for-wear lips, than cracked lips up close and personal!
- Don’t include the bathroom mirror. In fact, don’t do it in the bathroom. It’s overdone and tacky. Nobody wants to see your dirty toilet in the background.
- If you’re going to get all experimental using apps like Perfect365, do it properly. We’re photo editing Nazis these days. We can see when it looks totally fake!
- Picture perfection is key, since you’re so close to the camera and every flaw is highlighted. So foundation, base, primer and concealer are your friends.
- Filter. Filter. Filter. They exist for a reason. Think you got a great shot? Now insert a filter. Voila! You’ve instantly made it better.
- Light is your friend. Step outside before you take that snap. Nothing works better than some natural lighting.
- Add volume to your hair. Images are flat, so photos tend to flatten the way you look. Not only will an up-do instantly transforms your face, it will make you look more appealing on camera.
- To avoid a double chin in your precious selfie, simply hold your phone high above your head – you’ll look slimmer from this angle. (This also helps when you wanna take a selfie with many friends!)
- Hold steady. You don’t want to look perfect only for the selfie to be a blurry mess because you moved. Breathe, pout and hold steady . . . and there you go! Perfect selfie.
- Have fun! This is all about the fun. Do serious selfies even exist? The whole point is to look good, feel good and have fun. So go ahead – strike a pose.